Sunday, October 4, 2009

When Animals Attack... Silky Bars Shall Hold Them Back


So, you folks are saying "Well, UC, that's not so bad, really!". And maybe that's true. Maybe I'm just grasping at straws.

Maybe vertical turquoise stripes held together by a turquoise tropical fishnet (much finer netting than standard stocking "fishnet", so as not to damage the scales of expensive tropical fish. I don't know if that's really what it's called, but I've owned a hundred-dollar fish, and damned if I was going to scoop that little bastard up in hooker stockings) is actually quite elegant.

Especially when that's merely the sheath to go over the stylish navy-turquoise-black-and-cream mixed-carnivore pattern.

You'll note that pretty much every exotic cat in the kingdom gets a few patches on this killer critter quilt (I adore it when alliteration can exist with different letters!).

And naturally, the brown (!!) ribbon sash/belt ties it all in perfectly. Over the shoulder would have been trop rococo, n'est-ce pas? - but this, well, this adds that touch of class that can't be forced. At least, not by someone who has no taste.

Perhaps it's just me, but I detect a sort of embarrassment in the body language on our poor mannequin. It reminds me of the stiffened "eww" posture you'd get if your mom insisted you try on some horrifying dress with a piped Peter Pan collar and velvet buttons, which you knew would hurt when they poked your ribs after the other kids shoved you on your face in the schoolyard. And stole your Lik-A-Stik.

I sympathize with the mannequin. Forced to pose in a store window in shame. But at least she had a fellow sufferer. Her windowmate was also in a tatty get-up, and I'll post her soon.

No comments: